Thank you! 8)
And a little more. Comments still welcome. Table of contents for the rest of the story here.
(Note: contains violence mentions, freezing, and crashing through glass.)
If anyone actually reads this, comments are welcome. Table of contents for the rest of the story here.
(Note: contains some cuts, blood, and potential drowning.)
I’m going to be on hiatus from tumblr from a while because this site consumes a worrying amount of my life, to the point that I’ve developed a reflex to press the refresh button to look for updates. I might come back later.
1. their our know rules
i hope everyone who went to school today had a good day, and if it wasnt so great well hey youre home now!! sit back and relax, sweetheart (˘ᵋ ˘ ) strip out of those school clothes and get into some jammies and watch a movie or somethin. drink some tea. put a blanket in the dryer for a few minutes and make it all snuggly. and just incase no one said it, welcome home. im glad youre here and made it through the day.
Why am I always shorter than the characters people make short jokes abouts
here is some stuff i am tired of in my young adult lit:
- our heroine tires of silly useless femme girls
- also those girls are probably bitches
- thoughtful/taciturn fathers and emotional/babbling mother
- everyone is an only child unless they have an annoying little brother
- protagonists with no interests, passions, or strong opinions
- (he was a demon/angel/vampire/werewolf/boggart/gremlin who cared about literally nothing until he met me and now we care about literally nothing but each other)
- condescension is sexy
- lol what are other women how do you friendship them
- this love triangle: popular or dangerous guy + heroine + her male best friend
- "well then maybe i don’t want to be a princess!!!" (feminine royalty as a gilded cage that you run away from in boots to join the joyously penniless)
- first person snark
- that was the summer my parents got divorced and my brother died and i moved across the country to live with my aunt who was friggin weird oh hey a cute boy
- as a girl you’re not liberated or powerful until you have a sword
- conversely as a girl don’t even worry your boyf has this under control
- our heroine needs to learn to lighten up and go with the flow
- why would he like me
- greyscale covers of kids in flowing garments outside during a storm getting pneumonia